Powered By Blogger

Friday 13 January 2012

2012 London Bike Show - Cervelo S5 Team Issue

Bikes can have beautiful, flowing lines, some bikes' beauty can be in their obvious functionality and then there are plain ugly bikes.

I'll be honest - I really don't know where the Cervelo S5 sits for me. There is a beauty about it but its way at the end of the functional end of the scale. This bike just looks like it will do a job. And that job will be done with the maximum of aero efficiency.

It is so functional that certain design areas are jarring in their intensity, but what do you want a bike for? To hang on a wall or ride really, really fast with the minimum of effort?

Don't get me wrong, this is no fugly BMC. (Not much comes close in my book...)

I like Cervelos. I love some of them. I think I am going to have to settle for admiring this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment